D27035: [KMessageWidget] Draw it with QPainter instead of using stylesheet

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 30 21:19:59 GMT 2020

dhaumann added a comment.

  Better :) with corners I mean the 1-3 pixels left due to the rounding corners. These pixels were once also drawn as background although they are outside of the frame. It may be a minor detail, but imho such details are important. But indeed, the screenshots look good.

  Next test: open a file in kate. Now either change the file externally or delete it. Kate should show an animated KMessageWidget. Does it also correctly work with a small kate? I.e. small width of kate window?

INLINE COMMENTS

> kmessagewidget.cpp:317
> +    constexpr float alpha = 0.2;
> +    const auto parentWidget = qobject_cast<QWidget*>(parent());
> +    const QColor parentWindowColor = (parentWidget ? parentWidget->palette() : qApp->palette()).color(QPalette::Window);

Can't you use parentWidget()?
See: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwidget.html#parentWidget

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons