D26903: allow programLogo property to be a QIcon, too

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 30 17:10:48 GMT 2020

kossebau added a comment.

  In D26903#600771 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26903#600771>, @cullmann wrote:

  > Would something like this be ok?
  >
  > Not sure what to write about sizes, e.g. for the program icon we don't mention anything either.

  The program icon I have and such would assume others as well to be thought to have to satisfy the usual icon sizes (as defined for application cons in the xdg spec), given it is named "icon" after all.

  For the programLogo things are different, logo display sizes are not specified somewhere (unless one indirectly assumes them given that the application icon is named as default). So possibly best would be to hint that any pixmaps passed here (via direct or also via QIcon) should follow the xdg icon spec, so have some 48x48 icon (or multiple of).

  > The QPixmap case was missing in the docs, too, btw.

  Good catch :)

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui