D26955: Fix background SVG colors and adjust background SVG corners

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 28 06:22:26 GMT 2020

ndavis added a subscriber: niccolove.
ndavis added a comment.

  In D26955#601684 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26955#601684>, @ngraham wrote:

  > This fixes the color bug, so that's good. :)
  >
  > However with Breeze Dark, now I see pointy corners and very weak shadows: F7982216: Screenshot_20200127_221203.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7982216>
  >
  > ...Whereas with the Breeze and Breeze Light plasma style, I see nice shadows and rounded corners : F7982219: Screenshot_20200127_221718.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7982219>
  >
  > (and yes I cleared the plasma SVG cache)

  Did you test the original shadows patch with breeze dark? These shadows are identical. I even zoomed into screenshots 1600% and used a color picker on different pixels in the shadow. If you don't like these shadows then we should just revert the shadows patch instead of fixing them with this patch.

  I don't know what to do about the corners. There's no reason why they should have sharp corners. Even if I replicate the previous corners, the issue is still there. I'm suspecting a bug in the code. @niccolove also had a lot of trouble with the mask. He said it doesn't seem to even work and deleting the mask from the SVG has no visible effect. I'm not even sure if the mask is the cause of the corners. Even the shadows patch still has some visual artifacts in the corners: F7982336: Screenshot_20200128_004638.PNG <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7982336>

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)