D26133: Enable Auto Save

Tomaz Canabrava noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 25 17:13:01 GMT 2020

tcanabrava added a comment.

  I agree with the comments, but I'm a bit lost on how to implement that in KCoreConfigSkeleton:
  the isSaveNeeded reads the value of the variable and return if it's different from the reference variable. (that I tougth it was a reference *value*, to find out that it's a *variable reference*.
  so, if I change my setting via:

  Setting::self()->setSomething(5)

  the code for this setSomething will not call any KCoreConfigSkeleton code, but will just do a:

  GeneratedConfig::setSomething(int value) {

    mSomething = value;

  }

  this is then handled internally on the KCoreSkeletonItem but I don't really understand how.
  anyone has a hint on how I can trigger a signal on it?
  I'm a bit lost.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig