D26794: [WIP] Implement comment posting (and reenable voting)

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 23 14:04:44 GMT 2020

leinir added a comment.

  Right, so because it is being brought up by people, i thought i should perhaps just do a touch of an explanation for the thought process that made me arrive at the current design for the NewCommentSheet component and its ability to chose whether or not you are writing a comment or a review. The options that i found can be enumerated as follows:

  *) This one (that is, one action shows a dialogue which lets the user switch between a comment being a review or just a comment by either setting a rating or not)
  a) A check box to explicitly indicate that you want to create a review, which then enables/disables the ratings stars (so much clunkiness)
  x) As above, but it hides/shows the ratings stars instead of enable/disable (ew, stuff moving under my cursor)
  n) Two separate actions, one for creating a review, and one for creating a comment, and they then show a sheet which can only do one or the other (really just adding this in for completion, because wow, just no - also incidentally not a straightforward thing to do, as there's only the one main action on a kirigami page, though that's an overcomeable technical limitation rather than a workflow dictated one)

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff