D25698: New query mechanism for applications: KApplicationTrader

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 22 08:40:22 GMT 2020

dfaure marked 2 inline comments as done.
dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dhaumann wrote in kapplicationtrader.cpp:87
> I would prefer the std::erase(std::remove_if(...), ...end()); idiom here.
>
> Assuming the list is a vector this will be much faster, or do you have to preserve the order? I fear I know the answer :-)

Order is very important here, it's the order of preference.

But doesn't erase(remove_if()) preserve order? I thought it did.

> dhaumann wrote in kapplicationtrader.h:80
> method without training e.

LOL, I'm trying but sometimes the French in me takes over :)

> dhaumann wrote in kapplicationtrader.h:90
> Maybe mention when this function is useful? For me it looks like a private helper function. Why is it public?

It's not a private helper, it's one of the things you might want to call from your lambda filter function. See the unittest (which is a bit of a "porting guide" from the old traders).

Added a line of docu about that.

REPOSITORY
  R309 KService