D26782: KFilePlacesModel: On new profile in recent show only recentlyused:/ based entries by default

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 21 16:47:29 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  In D26782#597916 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26782#597916>, @meven wrote:

  > In D26782#597811 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26782#597811>, @ngraham wrote>
  >
  > > But should we just hide them, or not even create them in the first place? Creating hidden-by-default entries seems a bit off.
  >

  > I chose hidden by value just to keep the feature somewhat more discoverable than if it was not present at all.
  >  I would be fine not adding those in the first place too. It may be simpler also.

  I would recommend it. Anything that's hidden by default isn't actually discoverable at all, and it sends the wrong message too; it means that we don't actually have confidence in the feature (as indeed, we do not for these old entries). I think it would be simpler and more appropriate to just not add them at all.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO