D26690: Make "Default Applications" in mimeapps.list the preferred applications

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 20 18:25:10 GMT 2020

meven added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in kmimeassociations.cpp:104
> More precisely, it assumes that a single mimetype entry doesn't have more than 25 desktop files associated with it. And even then, what would happen is that the ordering is wrong after the first 25. I'd say after 25 you start to not really care about the order....

The first 25 with the highest preferences cannot be affected but then they can have the same base reference as the next most category loaded.
Like the 26th "Default Applications" would have the same preference as the first "Added Applications"
But this is of low concern here anyway.
It just shows the limitations of the current design based on integer ordering.

@ervin Do you still feel it needs more comment ?

REPOSITORY
  R309 KService

BRANCH