D25698: New query mechanism for applications: KApplicationTrader

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 19 17:51:15 GMT 2020

dfaure marked 3 inline comments as done.
dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in kapplicationtrader.h:56
> why is it slow? Looking at the code we have to go trhough all apps anyway since what we do is erase if returning false, so wouldn't returning true actually be faster?

Excellent point.

This was a mental copy/paste from allServices() which basically tells people, instead of iterating over the full list of services, better try to use an existing "database index" like "query by servicetype" or "query by mimetype" or "query by name". Here's there's no choice (well, this is a query by servicetype "Application", at least it doesn't look at plugins).

I'll remove this.

REPOSITORY
  R309 KService