D26755: [WIP] KMessageWidget: Set widget height on resize event

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 19 12:28:51 GMT 2020

dhaumann resigned from this revision.
dhaumann added a comment.
This revision now requires review to proceed.

  In that case I withdraw my review for now. I can only speak for Kate that I could not find a regression with my tests. But if you find other regressions, then this is likely not correct.

  PS: KMessageWidget is a very unfortunate widget in this sense: We try in the QWidgets world to have nice animations with contents that resizes correctly. To do the animations, we use fixed sizes, however, at the same time the host application's size constraints could change, but if KMessageWidget is still in its animation phase, the wrong old sizes are used for the animation etc... That said, KMessageWidget is likely fundamentally broken, and it needs very careful testing to make sure we don't introduce regressions. That's why I did the tests for Kate/KTextEditor. But of course, also my tests test just a very limited amount of our reald-world scenarios.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons