T13975: Move hanyoung/libkweather to frameworks/kweathercore

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Dec 20 14:25:36 GMT 2020

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020, 11:48 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau, <kossebau at kde.org>
wrote:

> (Added Han Young as BCC: based on code email address, as the task is not
> public, and not sure you are subscribed to the mailinglists)
>
> Am Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 12:05:46 CET schrieb David Edmundson:
> > Please see https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle
> about
> > the process of adding things to frameworks.
> >
> > As for plasma, we have a weather library there, so the comment about it
> > being easier for new plasmoids doesn't hold directly. Maybe you can
> expand
> > on what's different?
>
> David, any chance you misremembered there being a weather library? If you
> refer to the stuff in plasma-workspace (which then e.g. drives the kde-
> plasmaaddons weather applet), that is just a DataEngine.

That is what I was referring to, yes.
It may be "just" a dataengine, but the end-result of plasmoids/apps being
able to get weather data is the same.

I also have no qualms about replacing it for the same reasons you outlined
(except maybe that this has a very hardcoded single backend), but we want
to make sure we don't end up with two things.

David