Problem with ksycoca not being regenerated under flatpak

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Dec 13 21:15:26 GMT 2020

El dissabte, 12 de desembre de 2020, a les 22:59:58 CET, David Faure va escriure:
> Time flies, sorry for the delay.
>
> On samedi 12 septembre 2020 19:44:45 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > flatpak mounts all files as if created on January 1st 1970.
>
> Isn't that a bug in itself? Why doesn't it preserve mtimes?

I don't know, because reasons i guess, i never fully understood the answers i got on the flatpak mailing list

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/flatpak/2020-October/002049.html

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/flatpak/2020-November/002057.html

> > This has the unfortunate effect that when we add new plugins to a flatpak
> > (i.e. we just added markdown preview support in kate), they are not seen
> > because ksycoca doesn't feel the need to regenerate itself (the sycoca file
> > for flatpak is written "outside" flatpak container and thus has a newer
> > date).
> >
> > I remember talking about this probably a year ago at least with Aleix, but i
> > guess we did not come up with any solution since it's still broken :D
> >
> > I don't know much about sycoca, but can we make it so the cache always get
> > regenerated on app launch when run under flatpak?
>
> Is there no way to manually "touch" a directory after adding new files?
>
> Otherwise, the hack you have in mind could be implemented as in the attached
> patch. Untested, except that it compiles.

I'll test the patch at some point, thanks for caring :)

Cheers,
  Albert