RFC: Switching to min Qt version 5.14 for KF on December 14th

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Dec 7 10:44:47 GMT 2020

Hi Rafael,

thanks for your quick reply.

Am Montag, 7. Dezember 2020, 06:48:44 CET schrieb Rafael Sadowski:
> On Sun Dec 06, 2020 at 08:32:36PM +0100, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> > > Thanks for the information, Albert.
> > >
> > > Apparently this means bumping the requirement to Qt 5.14 would break
> > > OpenBSD.
>
> Will this Qt bump happen before or after the 5.77 release?

After, the bump to Qt 5.14 is currently proposed to happen Mid-December, so
would be seen for release consumers first with released KF 5.78 in January
2021.

For KF 5.77 another bump has just happened to Qt 5.13 (was Qt 5.12 before) as
per dependency plan updated earlier this year*. Which then triggered this
discussion whether with what we now see being used around us we should perhaps
simplify our life (as e.g. there are lots of "#if Qt < 5.14 #else #endif" in
the code) and go already to Qt 5.14 now.

*https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies#Frameworks_Qt_requirements

> Anyway, this is okay for OpenBSD. I'm working on a Qt
> 5.15.1 update (qt5-webengine makes me insane).

Very good (and all the best to recover once done ;) )

BTW, please consider subscribing to our special-purpose mailinglist: