D23789: RFC: Add ECMGenerateExportHeaders, for improved handling of deprecated API

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 30 19:58:09 BST 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D23789#539940 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23789#539940>, @dfaure wrote:

  > I see the theoretical problem, but how could this ever be a problem in practice?
  >  On Unix all compilers support the same syntax (`__attribute__ ((__deprecated__))`), so you'd have to be on Windows, build a library with mingw, and then try to use it with MSVC, or vice-versa? I wonder if this even works. AFAIK it doesn't (hence the compiler-specific binary installers for Qt, for instance).

  No idea yet, I have no overview about which compilers support what, so far only tested with my local gnu compiler to have an test example how the respective values/macros need to be propagated :) Sounds promising then we could be able to leave complicated logic to cmake time

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules