Proposing Quick Charts as a new framework

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Sep 25 15:57:35 BST 2019

One area of overlap not mentioned yet is KDeclarative::Plotter

KDeclarative::Plotter is something we found we had to create in Plasma
as the existing solutions didn't cover simple use cases or high
refresh rate well at all.

This framework absolutely overlaps with that, which is a good thing as
we want to split KDeclarative up and the current plotter
implementation has been repeatedly problematic.

I can say that this framework acts as a good replacement for those
existing places as well as the other custom pie chart code in the
system load viewer applets.

David