D23927: Improve naming of KTitleWidget icon methods

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 25 14:06:10 BST 2019

vkrause added a comment.

  In D23927#537583 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23927#537583>, @kossebau wrote:

  > When going to adapt some code to follow the deprecation, I now look though at some inconsistency in the API:
  >
  > - KTitleWidget has a property "pixmap"
  > - the `setPixmap` methods all set this pixmap, with overloads for convenience
  > - `setIcon` is without a getter and a documented property, the relation to the pixmap property is unclear just by the API names
  >
  >   With this in mind, I fear I consider this change a regression in API quality. I'd propose to revert this, or go the full mile and make "icon" a real property, deprecating the pixmap one. What do you think?

  Moving even more towards a QIcon rather than a QPixmap API is a good thing for sure, I agree on that. I don't think going back is justified here though, especially since the QIcon-based API improves high DPI scalability support. If it's decided to revert this nevertheless, please note that this has a ripple effect on the frameworks already depending on this.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons