D21235: Add handling of fuseiso filesystem type

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 23 19:09:25 BST 2019

hallas added a comment.

  In D21235#535951 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21235#535951>, @bruns wrote:

  > In D21235#535861 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21235#535861>, @hallas wrote:
  >
  > > I have been resurrecting this patch again :) and have run into an issue I need some guidance on. To be able to parse the `~/.mtab.fuseiso` file I would like to use the `KMountPoint` class, but this class currently resides in KIO which Solid doesn't depend on. But, KIO actually depends on Solid so would it be an option to move this class from KIO to Solid?
  >

  > What do you gain by using KMountPoints? Solid already has code for parsing fstab style files.

  Hi @bruns , no you are right that I should be able to do with the code that is in Solid already. It just needs to be updated to be able parse an arbitrary mtab file. But anyhow, the fstab/mtab code in Solid seems kind of duplicated with the code in KIO, so we might consolidate at some point.

  But let me look into the mtab code in Solid and see if I can make it work there :)

REPOSITORY
  R245 Solid

BRANCH
  add_handling_of_fuseiso (branched from master)