D24136: Deprecate the global [Small|Desktop|Bar]Icon() methods

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 22 01:14:48 BST 2019

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  LOL I had no idea that one could do SmallIcon("foo", KIconLoader::SizeLarge) ;-)

  I think 95% of the uses of these functions only specifies one argument.

  Then again, I just grepped for usage of SmallIcons in KF5, and one of the only two hits in non-deprecated modules is....

    kio/src/filewidgets/kimagefilepreview.cpp
    200:        imageLabel->setPixmap(SmallIcon(QStringLiteral("image-missing"), KIconLoader::SizeLarge,

  Can you port KIO?

  Also I think you're missing #ifndef KICONTHEMES_NO_DEPRECATED around the newly deprecated methods
  (which helps to do a local experimental build with this being set, to catch all users and port them).

REPOSITORY
  R302 KIconThemes