D23667: Add == and != operators to KIO::UDSEntry

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 20 19:52:05 BST 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D23667#535222 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23667#535222>, @dfaure wrote:

  > Looks ok, but I'm just curious about the use case. "I felt it was missing" doesn't sound as strong an argument as "I need this"...
  >
  > Slaves are supposed to mostly create those, not compare them, and apps are supposed to use KFileItem rather than UDSEntry directly.

  The use case I felt I might need it, is when running stats for a file which I already stated earlier and have a KFileItem already.
  And checking if the file changed between the two stats.
  Without this it would be hard to do.

  Using the entry to compare the KFileItem seemed to me the simplest course of action (KFileItem equals compares only file path) but lacked the equal operators.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  arcpatch-D23667