D18915: Fix batchrename changing extension to lower case

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 19 14:34:43 BST 2019

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  Good catch, but then this is a bug in QMimeDatabase::suffixForFileName.

  I just submitted a fix at https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/274548 -- aiming at the 5.14 branch.

  So this commit is still valid of course, but it would be good to use #if QT_VERSION < QT_VERSION_CHECK(5, 14, 0) around the workaround, so that it goes away once we use a Qt version with the fix.
  AFAICS the workaround is only the use of "extensionLen", though (that's what should be ifdef'ed). This commit doesn't only fix casing, it also fixes the case of unknown extensions. That's valid and can be kept, no matter which Qt version we're using.

  I don't understand the comment about right-to-left languages in the commit log; this isn't using any locale-dependent APIs, is it?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO