D17632: Move/copy job: skip stat'ing sources if the destination dir isn't writable

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 18 13:01:11 BST 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  Hmm, this broke PrivilegeJobTest::privilegeCopy.
  If we don't give a chance to the kioslave to see the copy operation, it can't offer escalating priviledges to run the operation as root.

  I guess the bug report is from before we have privilege escalation....

  I think that all I can do is skip this check unless privilege escalation is disabled (but that won't help dolphin).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO