D24025: Don't use KCrash on Android

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 17 19:00:32 BST 2019

vkrause added a comment.

  In D24025#533428 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24025#533428>, @apol wrote:

  > In D24025#533418 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24025#533418>, @vkrause wrote:
  >
  > > I think the line between dummy and #ifdef is in the commit message: if we don't want something on Android #ifdef is IMHO the way to go, if we merely don't have something yet, let's go for the dummy. A crash handler/bug reporter is something we certainly want I'd say, but something that currently isn't working yet.
  >

  > if we start ifdef'ing it out now, the day it works, we'll have to ifdef it back.

  That was exactly my point, let's not ifdef stuff we want eventually, like a crash handler, ifdef is for things that conceptually don't exist IMHO, like kauth/kdesu due to lack of a concept of elevated privileges. Sorry for confusing wording :)

  > Also I don't really see why it shouldn't work at all now, is all the API missing? (haven't looked at it yet)

  AFAIK KCrash depends on gdb to produce useful results, no?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO