D23842: [KCompletion] Port away from deprecated methods in Qt 5.14

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 16 14:58:01 BST 2019

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in kcombobox.cpp:59
> With this removed, the `KUrlComboBox` in e.g. "Look in" in KFind autocompletes history entries rather than paths when hitting tab.

Good catch!

More precisely, history entries are offered in the lineedit edit, pre-selected, and only hitting "Del" allows to get normal path completion.

Amazing. setAutoCompletion(false) really only does setCompleter(nullptr) like we do (and setting the bool for the old unused property).

Ah.... unless we're not yet editable when coming here, and we're made editable later, then no code is doing the setCompleter(nullptr) anymore. Tricky!

In fact, due to the way init() is called, isEditable() is *NEVER* true here.

I'll keep working on a fix, just wanted to let you know I'm on it.

REPOSITORY
  R284 KCompletion