D23944: Move more functionality from KRun::runCommand/runApplication to KProcessRunner

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 14 15:28:45 BST 2019

dfaure created this revision.
dfaure added reviewers: vkrause, nicolasfella, broulik.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald edited subscribers, added: kde-frameworks-devel; removed: Frameworks.
dfaure requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  - Make that functionality QWidget-independent
  - Emit errors as a signal rather than a messagebox. KRun still connects

  to the signal and shows messageboxes, so there's no behaviour change for
  KRun users.

  This is one more step in the direction of OpenUrlJob+KProcessRunner,
  both in KIOGui.

  Next steps: turning it into a KJob, then renaming it to
  e.g. KIO::ProcessLauncherJob

TEST PLAN
  I'll write a unittest after conversion to KJob.
  For now I used the GUI `kruntest` program.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  1_kprocesrunner