D23926: Move "Details" tab to second place in Properties dialog

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 13 13:48:22 BST 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  +1 for the general idea. However this implementation only incidentally does what you want it to do. I apologize for steering you this way in the bug report, because it looks a bit more complicated than I thought, and we may have to puzzle through a more complex change.

  So right now, the ordering goes like this:

  - General tab
  - Permissions tab
  - Checksums tab
  - Auto-generated tabs that depend on the context (of which Details is one)

  So if we just move the auto-generated section to the second position, we can't actually guarantee that Details always comes first in that list.

  What you could maybe do is add a new function `KPropertiesDialog::insertPluginAt()` that takes an int value `index` and inserts the plugin at that position in the index with `d->m_pageList.insert(index, plugin);`, then around line 628, check to see if the plugin we've just created is the Details plugin, and use the new function to specifically insert it at index 1 (which is position 2 since we start counting from zero).

  Does that sound like a plan? I'll be happy to help you through it!

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO