D23815: [KConfig] port away from deprecated methods in Qt 5.14

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 10 12:11:43 BST 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  I actually think it's a mistake to set this define unconditionally in PIM.

  If a user of the last PIM release (as in, a person or a distro) wants to use Qt 5.14, they'll get compilation errors, unnecessarily.

  If we want to enable this flag (to "punish" the first KDE developer who upgrades Qt, like me currently), then at least we should only do so in git checkouts, not in release tarballs.
  This is easy to do: `if (EXISTS "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/.git")`.
  I'm actually thinking of doing that (in KDEFrameworkCompilerSettings), once everything builds again (I obviously can't push that just yet).

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig