D23745: [server] Make double-buffered properties in xdg-shell double-buffered

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 7 20:59:43 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > pray to the God hoping that the client committed associated surface.

  Practically its nowhere near as bad as this sounds. We might send a configure event early, but it'll only ever have an application after a new commit.
  The most that will be broken is unbatched configure calls - still worth doing though.

  Api makes sense.

  Only question is whether it'd more useful to have an api which helps track that we only have one role, or have an api where /all/ the objects attached to a surface (blur, plasma shell, etc.) can easily double buffer.

INLINE COMMENTS

> xdgshell_stable_interface.cpp:232
> +        QSize minimumSize = QSize(0, 0);
> +        QSize maximiumSize = QSize(INT_MAX, INT_MAX);
> +

size of 0 has a special meaning.

When a client initially sets the value to 0,0 we don't want to treat it as a change.

Unless you add this logic into the setMaximumSize callback ShellClient will have to handle the 0,0 anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland