D23707: Fix crash on teardown with Applet's ConfigLoader

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 3 16:51:46 BST 2019

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Deleting AppletPrivate will delete the ConfigLoader which will cause a
  save, which can trigger a configSaved signal.

  I think it is correct that the config might emit a signal just before
  closing, and not at fault.

  AppletPrivate is deleted by this point, but Applet is not so the
  connection is still alive.

  When we handle the signal, it goes into a Q_PRIVATE_SLOT that crashes.

  This disconnect pattern is already used for guarding self config
  changes.

  BUG: 411221

TEST PLAN
  kquitapp5 plasmashell, no longer crashes

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

BRANCH
  origin-master (branched from master)