D21760: Add KListOpenFiles::listProcessesWithOpenFiles

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 3 06:27:37 BST 2019

hallas added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in klistopenfilestest_unix.cpp:83
> I usually just use "/does/not/exist" as a path ;-)
>
> This might actually be better because Windows has weird race conditions with the filesystem stuff.

This test is unix only anyway so there shouldn't be any race conditions. But it might be a little more expressive to use "/does/not/exist" so I have changed it anyway ;)

> dfaure wrote in klistopenfiles.h:94
> KIO is designed like this for some reason, but I would just document the job constructor and let people create the job with new, outside KIO.
>
> That's e.g. what akonadi does.

Would it make sense to rename the ListOpenFilesJob class to simply Job? It is already inside a KListOpenFiles namespace so the current name seems a little long and duplicated? Do we have any general naming convention for these things?

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons