D25088: Use X-KDE-NoGlobalShortcut instead of NoDisplay to store that a component is disabled

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 31 14:01:01 GMT 2019

meven added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in kserviceactioncomponent.cpp:36
> I don't think I follow.
>
> We're editing the .desktop file inside {XDG_DATA_DIRS}/kglobalaccel/someName.desktop
> The menu only reads from XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications/someName.desktop
>
> where's the conflict?

Because usually the desktop files are copies of the same as applications :
install( DIRECTORY DESTINATION "${KDE_INSTALL_FULL_DATAROOTDIR}/kglobalaccel" )

So if you need to "NoDisplay" an app for krunner for instance, you also disable its shortcuts because the desktop files are copies of each other at installation.

FYI XDG_DATA_DIRS is deprecated

REPOSITORY
  R268 KGlobalAccel