D25003: [KDesktopFile] Add a property and propertyKde functions to access custom properties

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 31 11:21:56 GMT 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D25003#555366 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25003#555366>, @apol wrote:

  > Hi Meven, I guess I didn't make myself clear, sorry about that. This is not what I meant.
  >
  > What I meant was here D24956 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24956> you can query the desktop entry directly, we don't need to expose access to it.

  Maybe I am missing something again.
  But my reasoning was that `KDesktopFile` didn't allow to access arbitrary properties like `KService` does.
  And the freedesktop specification as defined such defined custom properties https://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html "Extending the format".
  So I meant to fill this gap as it would be of use in D24956 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24956> since  `KDesktopFile` is `This class implements KDE's support for the freedesktop.org Desktop Entry Spec.
  `
  Unless I would use `KService` in D24956 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24956> but semantically `KDesktopFile` is what I need, on mimetype business here and using `KService` would add a dependency to KGlobalAcccel.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig