D24975: Change some 32px action icons to color style

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 27 17:03:32 GMT 2019

ndavis added a subscriber: ngraham.
ndavis added a comment.

  In D24975#554721 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24975#554721>, @mglb wrote:

  > Why do you replace action icons instead of adding separate colorful icons for use in preference dialogs? Right now all action icons are "monochrome", making few of them colorful will introduce inconsistency.

  Maybe I should have explained it in the summary. It's kind of impossible to have consistent icon styles in 3rd party apps and well be breaking compatibility with 3rd party icon themes whenever we add another `preferences-` icon. @ngraham and I have talked about this and we decided that it might be best to just make all 32px and larger icons use the color style. In order to fix the problem we have without changing breeze-icons, we may need a new freedesktop.org icon spec that is designed to handle the type of theme we have. The current fd.o spec works in a way that assumes an icon theme will have one style. GNOME gets around that by just naming some icons symbolic, but that means apps have to choose to use symbolic icons. If you want more time to discuss changes like these and find other solutions, that's fine with me. This patch doesn't need to be landed in a hurry.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons