D24959: Add new preferences search icons

TrickyRicky noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 26 23:17:20 BST 2019

trickyricky26 requested changes to this revision.
trickyricky26 added a comment.

  On the technical side, we usually convert everything to paths, and even though I can't imagine Qt SVG Renderer would have a problem with `circle`, it might be better to convert the background to a path.

  As for the design, I think this can be improved. My suggestion would basically be to use the magnifying glass from the Kfind icon, which IMO fits better with Breeze because of the thinner lines and the longer handle, which make the symbol feel more balanced.
  Additionally, maybe you could try adding the Breeze-typical 45° shadow, which is usually used in these symbol-on-background icons, although it might not look right with the magnifying glass extending in the same direction.

  Overall I think this will be a nice addition.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons