D24965: KConfigWidgets: port away from KF5 deprecated API

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 26 18:12:08 BST 2019

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kossebau wrote in kstandardaction_p.h:103
> Hm, KStandardShortcut::SaveOptions_DEPRECATED_DO_NOT_USE should not be needed to be used here.
> Does the use of KF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT trigger this? If so, IMHO ECMGenerateExportHeader needs to be fixed. Will have a look tomorrow latest.

Yes this is triggered by KF_DISABLE*

This is exactly the same issue as the one we just talked about.
SaveOptions is not longer available when using KConfig without deprecated API.
I thought that was what the "DO_NOT_USE" alias was for: internal usage like the one here.
The alternative is to make SaveOptions available unconditionally again, as we just did with programIconName, but I thought this solution was actually better, since it will still prevent apps from using SaveOptions.

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets