D24884: I18N_NOOP2 was deprecated but we can't replace by I18NC_NOOP as it expends it as 2 elements (context + text)

Chusslove Illich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 24 12:26:50 BST 2019

ilic added a comment.

  The idea was indeed to deprecate stripping of context, and not only the macro name, for the reason Alber provided.

  The apparent counterexample in kuitmarkup.cpp is seen only due to macro-within-macro call and the macro expansion order, which is a situation that does not (or did not at the time of writing) occur anywhere else through KDE projects. But it too can be reformulated easily to the cleaner variant.

  However, as I recall, even though KLocalizedString objects do deferred translation, I18N* macros were not deprecated alltogether in order to still allow for well-defined static initializers.

REPOSITORY
  R249 KI18n