D24821: Add ManagedConfigModule

Kevin Ottens noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 21 13:38:34 BST 2019

ervin added a comment.

  In D24821#551179 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24821#551179>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Nice!
  >
  > I'm not super sold on magically doing findChildren to get the config skeletons over an explicit
  >  registerSettings(KCoreConfigSkeleton*).
  >
  > I'm not against it either, but could you expand on the rationale.

  You mean here to sell it to you or in the doc or something else?

  Indeed the alternative is registerSettings(), I went for the less explicit "children settings" mechanism mostly because it was closer to the older system around KCModule which was very much working by convention.

INLINE COMMENTS

> bport wrote in managedconfigmodule.h:210
> I think we need to set this value to true by default, because if we don't override it we assume value are not the default one

Right, makes sense for the future code.

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative