D24755: [KStatusNotifierItem] Optionaly, do not take menu ownership

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 19 11:11:11 BST 2019

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in kstatusnotifieritemprivate_p.h:158
> It's related and you don't need to any hacks here. QPointer takes care of ownership.

QPointer here won't solve the other hacks needed.

We have MenuSource, Menu and KSNI

QPointer would fix the case of MenuSource still owning the Menu and KSNI lasting longer than the Menu.

But we need things the other way round.

We have MenuSource lasting longer than KSNI we need to supply a menu to the KSNI but keep the menu after the KSNI is deleted. QPointer won't solve that.

(might be worth switching this to a QPointer anyway, now that ksni doesn't control the menu lifespan though)

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications