D24746: [kpropertiesdialog] adjust ui for root directory

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 18 11:36:46 BST 2019

meven added a comment.

  I would suggest keeping "Location" and "Mounted on" fields to actually display '/' to the user.
  Especially for newbies users who might not know what "Root Directory" means.
  But for more advanced user it would make sense too as / is currently visible only in the icon, it would feel amiss.
  / is not such a special case as other mount points, and consistency matter, even if redundant on this edge case.
  To me the size, the name and icon change are sufficient here.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kpropertiesdialog.cpp:1113
>          } else {
> +            d->m_sizeLabel->setText(i18n("unknown"));
>              d->m_sizeStopButton->setEnabled(false);

Replace with Unkwown

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  kpropertiesdialog-root-directory (branched from master)