D24667: [KStatusNotifierItem] Allow left click when menu is null

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 16 17:27:12 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Good rundown of the options.

  > remove SystemTray support from KdePlatformTheme

  It's not trivial. There's no way to access the relevant Qt classes. I should revisit the patch that allowed that.

  Our hopeful longterm plans for KF6 are to kill KStatusNotifierItem add the missing methods to QSystemTray, fix some other parts of their implementation and then drop it here.

  ---

  > do not delete menu in KSNI

  Makes the most sense in some form.
  It /could/ be done without additional API by abusing QObject parentship: https://phabricator.kde.org/P479

  Then this code being a special case would just set the parent back afterwards. Whether that's actually any better than any explicit boolean method is debatable though.

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications