D24629: RFC: Introduce KClockSkewNotifier class

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 14 12:02:14 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  We have similar code in plasma-workspace/dataengines/time

  that has a faux BSD implementation by using a combination of the legacy, but working:

    QDBusConnection dbus = QDBusConnection::sessionBus();
    dbus.connect(QString(), QString(), QStringLiteral("org.kde.KTimeZoned"), QStringLiteral("timeZoneChanged"), this, SLOT(tzConfigChanged()));

  and equally legacy, but working

    dbus.connect(QStringLiteral("org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement"),
                 QStringLiteral("/org/kde/Solid/PowerManagement/Actions/SuspendSession"),
                 QStringLiteral("org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement.Actions.SuspendSession"),
                 QStringLiteral("resumingFromSuspend"),
                 this,
                 SLOT(clockSkewed()))

  Obviously this doesn't cover all the cases (like some ntp service kicking in) but it's better than nothing.

  ---

  AFAIK all the usecases above could use the existing dataengine, but I'm not against replacing dataengines with library code.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons