D24588: [SslUi] Overload askIgnoreSslErrors() to take a QSslSocket

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 13 10:09:09 BST 2019

vkrause added a comment.

  In D24588#546229 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24588#546229>, @dfaure wrote:

  > Hmm, why not just do `KSslErrorUiData uiData(socket);` in the caller, or even just `askIgnoreSslErrors(KSslErrorUiData(socket), storedRules)`.
  >  Don't know, just wondering (not objecting). @vkrause, any opinion?

  That would be my gut feeling as well, ie. have sslui depend on the abstract error representation, not on all possible error sources. OTOH it's not changing the dependency situation overall here so no strong objection to that either. In any case the KTcpSocket variant should be deprecated eventually.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO