D23789: Add ECMGenerateExportHeaders, for improved handling of deprecated API

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 8 06:19:50 BST 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  In D23789#541134 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23789#541134>, @kossebau wrote:

  > In D23789#540033 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23789#540033>, @dfaure wrote:
  >
  > > I found confirmation in cmake's Tests/RunCMake/GenerateExportHeader/reference/
  >

  > Not sure what you exactly mean, can you please specify confirmation for what? And what this recommends us to do? :)

  It confirms that only MSVC uses a different way to express this, which is why nobody handles the mix-and-match case where you'd generate the header for one compiler and then consume it with another.
  (unless I'm wrong and mix-and-match between mingw and MSVC is actually possible - AFAIK it's not)

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules