D22375: new class KBusyIndicatorWidget similar to QtQuick's BusyIndicator

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 3 14:20:45 BST 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  In D22375#541399 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22375#541399>, @sitter wrote:

  > The demo doesn't even use this widget

  That wasn't the question I answered by referring to oxygen-demo

  > breeze
  >  F7506213: Peek 2019-10-03 13-46.gif <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7506213>
  >
  > oxygen
  >  F7506215: Peek 2019-10-03 13-45.gif <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7506215>

  The fact you are seeing much lower loads on your machine doesn't mean that no machine is going to be slowed down by this widget or other comparably "useful" animations. For all we know you have a rig with 256 cores so you're not going to notice if one of those is  used at even near 100% for a bit of eye candy.

  Also, I prefer to use lower level measuring tools that interfere less with the system being measured than a fancy tool like ksysguard - and guess what: top gives me a completely different reading:
  F7506717: sysload1.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7506717>

  I'd do the same snapshot for `kbusyindicatorwidgettest` but I'd have to recompile KWidgetsAddons without my tweak first :)

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons