D22375: new class KBusyIndicatorWidget similar to QtQuick's BusyIndicator

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 3 09:17:33 BST 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  I'll repeat here what I muttered on the associated commit page:

  This widget adds a lot of CPU overhead, too much IMHO: the dedicated test tool runs at a bit over 10%CPU, and that is not counting the additional overhead from the displaying layers (X server, the Mac WindowServer, etc). This overhead appears to scale with the CPU: it's in the same order of magnitude on my lowly N3150 Linux machine as on my (older but still) much faster Mac that has an i7.

  Adding a simple

    animation.thread()->mSleep(250);

  after the `q->update();` line does make the animation a bit choppier but reduces the test tool's CPU load to under 1%.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons