D25599: Fix plugin-metadata translations on windows

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 28 17:36:48 GMT 2019

sars created this revision.
sars added a project: Windows.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
sars requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  On Windows, the plugin metadata always follows the current region setting and any language set for the application is ignored.

  The reason seems to be that QLocale is not changed even if the LANGUAGE env is set. To work around this we can read the LANGUAGE env variable and use that if it is set in stead of QLocale::name().

  I'm not 100% sure if this is the right solution, but this at least makes the plugin configuration page in Kate use the same language as the rest of the application if the language is manually sett.

TEST PLAN
  Open the plugin configuration page in Kate on Windows and see that the plugin information uses the same language as the rest of the application.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

AFFECTED FILES
  src/lib/plugin/kpluginmetadata.cpp