D21660: remove dbus for windows build and change audio dep logic

Ralf Habacker noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 20 10:17:26 GMT 2019

habacker added a comment.

  In D21660#563560 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21660#563560>, @bcooksley wrote:

  > Considering that D-Bus doesn't really belong on Windows,

  KDE uses dbus for many internal services. On a recent linux system I see the following KDE services in dbus

  org.kde.ActivityManager
   org.kde.JobViewServer
   org.kde.kappmenu
   org.kde.kcookiejar5
   org.kde.kdeconnectd
   org.kde.kded5
   org.kde.keyboard
   org.kde.kglobalaccel
   org.kde.kiod5
   org.kde.kioexecd
   org.kde.klauncher5
   org.kde.klipper
   org.kde.knotify
   org.kde.kpasswdserver
   org.kde.krunner
   org.kde.kssld5
   org.kde.kuiserver
   org.kde.kwalletd5
   org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement
   org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement.PolicyAgent
   org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher

  Some of them are Linux only, but some are required on Windows (for example kio)

  This has not been reported to the official dbus issue tracker (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/groups/dbus/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&search=virus) . Can you point me to related reports ?

  > For standalone applications there isn't really a reason to have it around.

  From what I know does kio depends on dbus, which mean you are saying that standalone applications could not use kio and my be others (see above)

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications