D25326: Move Plasma's SortFilterProxyModel into KItemModel's QML plugin

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 18 11:01:23 GMT 2019

broulik added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in sortfiltermodel.h:43
> It's not listed in https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtqml-cppintegration-data.html
>
> We need to test

Bummer. I tried, a JS `RegExp` (both `new RegExp()` and `/literal syntax/`) get turned into a `QRegExp`. It does *not* work with `QRegularExpression` :(

There's a `RegularExpressionValidator` which uses `QRegularExpression` but it's in Qt 5.14. Maybe they fixed that recently - doesn't really help us here, though.

> davidedmundson wrote in sortfiltermodel.h:63
> Did some investigation we have our handling just to emit a signal when the property changes!
>
> Another good thing to try to upstream.
>
> Keeping the same name allows us to subtly drop the API in the future and keep clients working.

> Another good thing to try to upstream.

+1 given they're all `QObject`s already anyway

> davidedmundson wrote in sortfiltermodel.h:78
> I think so. We've implemented it in a lot of plasma models, presumably for some reason.
>
> Would be a good thing to try and upstream though.

> presumably for some reason.

Either because someone was too lazy to use the respective property on the `Repeater` or `ListView` or before `rowCount()` was `Q_INVOKABLE`. Not sure it's upstreamable since it assumes it's a flast list. Maybe something for QAbstract*List*Model rather than QAbstract*Item*Model

> davidedmundson wrote in sortfiltermodel.h:138
> I don't see why we would need a d pointer. We may as well self an allocation.
>
> > Perhaps rename the header to _p.h then?
>
> We haven't done that universally in all frameworks, but sure I could.

Was just wondering but if it's only to be used from QML and not exported, doesn't need one I suppose.

REPOSITORY
  R275 KItemModels