Disabling of 'kdav-davitemfetchjob' test in KDav

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sat Nov 16 10:26:39 GMT 2019

On Saturday, 16 November 2019 07:04:57 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Currently we have an issue where the test 'kdav-davitemfetchjob' within
> kdav causes kdeinit5 to be relaunched, as can be seen in the CI
> run log below.
>
> https://build.kde.org/job/Applications/job/kdav/job/kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.12/38/
> console
>
> This is behaviour which is not permitted within the CI system, as the
> newly spawned 'kdeinit5' processes are treated as being launched by
> that test by CTest, meaning it will wait for eternity for them to exit
> (which as resident daemon processes, they will not do without manual
> intervention).
>
> This in turn blocks the job from completing, and blocks CI resources
> in the process.
>
> I'd therefore like to propose disabling this test across all platforms
> as it's behaviour is incompatible with the CI system.

uh, I wasn't even aware of that problem for KDAV...

The test doesn't do anything special regarding kdeinit, it does run a KIO HTTP
job against a local fake server though, which I guess triggers this.

I've added the same workaround that KIO seems to use: https://cgit.kde.org/
kdav.git/commit/?id=c6fb178a38028281fea9bae48ca3c6a9e6d04059

If that doesn't help, I'm wondering if there's a way to disable such
problematic tests only on the CI (also with regard to the Akonadi test issue),
as those tests work fine locally and are useful there. Is there maybe a
characteristic environment variable that we can use to easily check for this
in CMake?

Thanks,
Volker