D22801: [KIO] silence a QFileInfo warning

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 14 12:07:07 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   I disagree since it will change the current precondition of the function for the need of one of its users.

  In that case the warning could be made to be a qDebug, and that user can configure his/her logging setting so the category used will always be printed.
  That user might also be served much better by an error return that his/her code could work with, rather than with a terminal warning (which will not be seen by anyone NOT using a terminal to launch applications.

  >   findPath is documented as :

  IOW, there is no documentation requirement that warnings be printed for empty path arguments.

  >   It makes no sense to check the mountpoint of an empty path that by essence cannot be a file.

  It makes no sense to do that check for any string that is not a valid path. Yet (from memory) there is a specific warning for this particular kind of invalid path.

  >   KIO is an old code-base and is maintained collectively mostly (with a single main maintainer @dfaure), we need to use our own wits.

  The smb plugin is part of kio-extras.

  >   Does it returns files with empty urls ?

  I have no idea how to check that (other than inserting trace output into smb.so), but I reckon the empty paths must indeed come from there.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO