D22801: [KIO] silence a QFileInfo warning

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 13 15:21:25 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  Are you not seeing these for instance when browsing an MSWin share in Dolphin (with the same or newer versions of kio-extras, Samba and MSWin)?

  I tried to figure out where they came from but failed because of the async nature of the chain of events. I presume the empty paths come from the smb KIO plugin and then somehow make it to where the warning is printed.
   I also considered that findByPath() already accepts non-existing paths and handles them appropriately, it could (and probably should) do the same with an empty path. Regardless of the fact that the smb plugin probaby shouldn't output empty paths; maybe the maintainer(s) of that software should be CC'ed here?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO